Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Starting Up

A recent post on pauldotcom talks about ways to get started in the Information Security field. This is an article I wish I had found when I was first trying to get into it. Right now, I wouldn't say I'm currently in the field (meaning I don't have a job that deals directly with Information Security), but I definitely feel like I'm well on my way.

Most of the points someone would figure out if they were relatively smart and had common sense. One of the points mentioned getting involved with local groups (linux users groups, hacker groups, etc.), which was something I hadn't really thought of before (even though it makes total sense) that might help me gain more experience with computer security. If school and my job would give me more free time, I'd like to look into this option more.

No comments:

Post a Comment